What are your thoughts on this kind of setup?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SCBigE, Mar 29, 2012.

1. SCBigE

SCBigE LawnSite Member

Just wondering what the pros and cons are of these types of trucks are. There is a great deal on one in my local area. It is a chevy w4500 turbo diesel with the same setup as in the picture. I do not know the mileage of the truck but looks in good condition. The price they are asking is $5500.

landscape truck.jpg
  2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Good way to go...very efficient...but you can't haul any debris away from the job, so it might be beneficial to have a detail crew for picking up sticks, pulling weeds, etc.

Good way to go for commercial jobs.
  3. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Sometimes I wish I had one, it would be so nice to not have a 42 foot long rig in some areas.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. BOSS LAWN 2343

BOSS LAWN 2343 LawnSite Senior Member

Great setup! I saw a few guys last season with this set up and a crew today.
  5. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Very professional. I don't think my mid mount ZTRs would make the beaver tail incline. They'd probably bottom out/high center on that angle.
  6. MrPike

MrPike LawnSite Member

I'd hate to snow plow in the winter with that thing!
  7. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

Wish I had one. Towing trailers around gets old.
  8. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Looks to go to be true. Looks like a scam ad. If it were I'd drive 20 hours to get that for that price.
  9. BestImpressions99

BestImpressions99 LawnSite Senior Member

My brother bought one, similar deal. His main wiring harness ($1200) went out shortly after purchase and found out they rigged the thing.
  10. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

Since you're down in SC, its a great idea. Up here they are not very popular because most guys plow in the winter and can't justify having a truck that sits 6 months of the year.