1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What are your thoughts on this?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Craftybigdog, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Alright guys I have to come up with a bid by this weekend. Its 2 beds the first is a circle and is 60' across. The second is 350'X 30'. Now they want all the bushes taken out and the trees left. The mulch taken out and then topsoil brought in and seed and straw. Im gonna attach some pictures. They have a place in the development to dump everything. I have my own skidsteer and harley rake. Im just trying to come up with a ball park figure. Just a rough estimate is 85 yds of topsoil, Thank you.

2. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Jason

Well seems like a good size job. I would basically just take your rate to spread topsoil figure out how much material will cost you price to spread it. Then figure out your machine costs, plus your trucking fees for dumping, to tell you the truth some of those plants (the berberis and a few other shrubs, forget the grasses though) dont look in bad shape if you have a spot at your lot or house, try n save them maybe youll find a use for them on a job and get some extra money, Im like that, but whatever. For this job Id say around $8000.00-12,000.00 Good Luck

3. Craftybigdog

Great, that is exactly what I was thinking. Around 10,000. Thank you
  4. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

I come up with about the same 10,000-12,000

5. Craftybigdog

I turned in the bid yesterda, so thank you guys for your help. What was funny is he mentioned maybe the development would rent a skid steer and do it themselves. Thats when I said thats fine. Well see