What bagger for TTHP?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hamsey, Aug 14, 2005.

1. hamsey

hamsey LawnSite Member
    from CT

I am going to start bagging fall and spring clippings. What is a good bagger for the Exmark TTHP? Thanks!

Norm

2. stboo6

stboo6 LawnSite Member

trac vac makes one .. trac-vac.com

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

If you are just looking for a regular bag, a Wright Grass Gobbler will work. I have one and it works great. If you want to use it for leaves too, they also offer the Leaf Gobbler that is just an extension you can put on the Grass Gobbler. The grass gobbler, at least where i am, will run around $250. Just my 2 cents. Link:

www.wrightmfg.com

4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I don't want to be rude but the Grass Gobblers suck. I have one and I hate it with a passion fill it up with wet not damp but full on WET grass and tell me you still like it.

My next bagger is going to an Accelerator it's going to cost me $500+ but it's aluminum and it's lighter than the GG's.

Just my $.02

Rob

5. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I use the Exmark side bagger. Works pretty good. About $300.

Kevin

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Lazer Z, I have only used it once and it was ok, great may have been a little much. I have not used it except that one time but what happens when you fill it with wet grass. I will mainly only use the bag durring the fall. It is too much of a pain to take off the mulch kit. Please let me know so i won't waste the time trying it when i can just get the answer from you who is more experienced. Also, in wet grass do you just mow it twice then? Thanks, I am sorry to be so two sided on this issue. I think i'll just keep my mouth shut on this issue, sorry.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Dont forget the extension. For leaves its a must!!!!!!!!!

8. hamsey

hamsey LawnSite Member
    from CT

My dealer carries Exmark and Accelerator. Price difference is about $60. Will the Accelerator fit TTHP without modifications?

I just checked out the Grass Gobbler. Not much information on their website.

Norm

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I got my Accelerator from Bethel power and it cost me $440. I got the 6.2 and it packs full but this fall I will be getting the dust cover for it. When it's full with wet leaves/grass it probably weighs about 60lbs. Empty it's about 10lbs.. Very easy to put on and pull off. Fits perfect.