What basic equipment do i need to get started?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by illini1, Feb 16, 2007.

1. illini1

illini1 LawnSite Member

I just started advertising my new lawncare and landscaping company, it will be getting warm in 2 months and need to know what equipment is nessesary, and what things to buy new, and what things to buy used. Basically i just need to get by till i make money to buy new equipment.

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Shouldn't you have your equip before advertising? What do you have?
    Mower(s) used, trimmer, blower, hedge clippers all new. Trailer used if needed. Hand tools new. Do you have any type of license?

3. illini1

illini1 LawnSite Member

i have a zero turn mower, one honda push mower, weed wacker, blower, and trailer. Was just trying to get input on if i need anything else

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

how much money do you have to spend? Depending on how much check out www.landscaperpro.com they have a good deal on a 36" walkbehind, trimmer, backpack blower for $2400.00 and that would get you going pretty good without putting you in the poor house.

5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Don't you think this information should have been known when you initially posted this thread? Get a stick edger and go make some money.

6. illini1

illini1 LawnSite Member

does it really matter, i was just trying to get idea, you didn't help so why the input. Nothing else to do with your time?

7. illini1

illini1 LawnSite Member

i checked out the 36' inch mower package, that's a hell of a deal. Thanks

8. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Only if you don't want to hear advise to buy equipment you already own.

9. illini1

illini1 LawnSite Member

i know my mistake, not that big of a deal is it?

10. illini1

illini1 LawnSite Member

i will make sure i am completly specific with any question i ask from here on out.