what blade configuration do you use

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turf9, Nov 8, 2004.

?

What blade config do you use

Poll closed Nov 11, 2004.
  1. oem. lifts

17 vote(s)
    31.5%
  2. meg mow

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. doubles

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. gators

20 vote(s)
    37.0%
  5. other

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

I was reading up on the different blade configuration you all are and are not impressed with.Seemed to always end in a fight hope we can avoid that this time.Just wanted to know if they would really help out.I would also like some input from some walker owners that are using other that stock blades,(do they reduce clumping in the wet,do they make a better cut ,do they require less sharpening) or anything else that would be interesting.Basically are they worth the investment. Thanks for you input

2. MOlawnman

MOlawnman LawnSite Member

OEM because I am not impressed with the gators or meg-mo's.

3. MOlawnman

MOlawnman LawnSite Member

By the way I run Walker's.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Right now on the Lazer I have Gators over top of low lift 3 level mulching blades. This is not a great setup right now, since the grass is still growing, we are still cutting rather high, so they just don't have quite the lift that I like. They are not pulling all the leaves out (wet conditions) of the longer grass. Tomorrow, I will be putting highlifts under the gators. This will give me more than adequate suction again. I don't usually run this mulcher/Gator combo. It is either the mulcher over a highlift (for grass), or a Gator over a highlift for leaves. Douible gators for late fall when there is no grass growth but heavy leaves.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Gee, it depends on the time of year. In heavy growth I run single OEMs, in the middle of summer I will run double OEMs and in the fall I run Gators.

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

GHS deck or other?

7. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on machine: scag sthm I like bobcat hi lifts, gators

for leaves. Walker oem for grass, Meg-mo for leaves. Toro

52" classic Gators in spring, oem hilift later, Gators or Atomics for leaves. 52" Lesco oem std for grass, gators for leaves. ED

8. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

thanks for the feedback guys so I think its off to find some gator blades to fit this thing then,for leaves.

9. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

Joe, tell me something. How can you put two types of blades on the Exmark Lazer? I spoke to the dealer the other day asking him if i can put two sets of gators on each spindle, and he said NO. i even asked Terry, the Exmark rep here on LS and he said NO either.

I can not imagine putting two sets of blades, let alone them being totally different in shape. Do you cross them before tighting the bolt? Do you use a special setup to keep them at 90 degrees

Probably you dont have any, but if you can show some pictures, it would be great. I really have to know. I did some leaves the other day with gators on and they demolished the leaves...can't imagine what two sets of blades would have done to them

george

10. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

what do I pick if I run doubles and gators (hi-lift/gator)?

:confused: