what blades are you guys running?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Jun 15, 2004.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

What blades are you guys running? I have a 48" walkbehind encore. It takes the same blades as the scag walkbehinds? I am looking for something that will leave little clumping.

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Atomic's and get good results. They should take care or your clumping problem.

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

RAPTORS..Best blades I have found yet, IMO. Leave a nice finish, even in the tall stuff.Check a recent thread from Tonyr for more input on them.:D

4. laborador

laborador LawnSite Member

Are you using a mulching deck. I just ordered some to try out on my mulching deck. How much lift do they have. Thanks

5. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Where can you get Raptors and Atomics?

Craig :)

6. impactlandscaping

I have them on a 36" w/ mulch kit, and a 48" just side discharging. I sd more than not with the 36, and get way smaller clippings with farther clipping dispersal on both decks. I am getting some for my Standers as well. You have to get them thru a local dealer, I get mine thru the local Snapper dealer.They aren't available directly through Stens, but you can find a Gravely / Ariens dealer through the website......www.stens.com

7. laborador

I got them through mowtownusa.com. Each blade is 7.99 apiece. Called other places and they were any where between 11 to 14 dollars.

8. laborador

Do you find that these blades are thicker, does this mess up your blade height. Was wondering if you have problems with stragglers when cutting at 3.5 and higher with this blade. Does this blade keep a sharp edge longer. THanks

9. laborador

Forgot to mentioned that the mowtownusa website is not updated with the raptor mulch blades. You have to call them and ask for them. You can also find them on ebay for 7.99.

10. impactlandscaping

I didn't notice any difference with blade height because both of my WBs have adjustable decks( I have sold my 48 now anyways).We mow at 3.5" all spring / summer , and at 3.25" in the fall.I don't notice any stragglers or uncut pieces with these blades at these heights as well.