What blades do you use on your Exmark?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Krimick, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Krimick

Krimick LawnSite Member

I had a demo this week and the unit ( HP 44") had notched air foil blades. They seemed to work great.

I was wondering what blades have you found to work the best on your exmarks? I won't be mulching.

Low lift, Solid air foil, mulching or the notched air foil

2. Silver Streak noched high lift blades.

3. Krimick

Krimick LawnSite Member

I was hoping to get a few more responses.

I"ll be picking up my lazer hp this week and I'm curious as to what you guys feel gives the best looking cut.

4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use notched air foil in the spring. I use solid air foil when it gets dryer, the notched seem to blow the grass over when it gets dry. In the fall I use low lifts and the Ultra Vac, you get very little front blow out w/ the low lifts :) ;) :) ED

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Right now, I am currently using low lift mulching blades on top of solid foil highlifts. Later, I'll switch to just solid foil highlifts, and in the fall, I'll go back to doubles with the same configuration I am running now, then I'll switch to Gators on to of solid foil highlifts. That's about the whole program.:)

6. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i use the oem mulching blades with the mulch kit. i highly recommend it. get's that bagged look without the mess to deal with. my grandmother thought i bagged her yard the first time i cut it, she even told me to use her bags and save mine! then i told her i wasn't bagging it, she couldn't believe it till i showed her.