1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What blades on WB for mulching?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by sodzilla, Mar 13, 2004.

1. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

I went to the dealer this morning to fill out the paperwork to buy my Hustler. The only problem is the salesman was gone to show this weakend. He told me this last weak when I talked to him but I forgot. So I guess I'll go sometime this weak. I plan on buying a 37" and a 54" walk behind. Both with mulching kits. My question is. What blade setup are you guys running with mulching kits? Factory highlifts, doubles, Gators. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you,

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Most guys are running Gators.
    I am sure Pete, PaulJ and a few other here will answer your post as well.
    Thank you for looking at / buying the Hustler product, you will be part of the family.
    It was great meeting you last fall at the GIE also.
    Those walks will go great with a diesel Super Z...........lol...lol...

3. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. My salesman and I were talking about the diesel. He said it was going to be one we talked about. I was happy to hear that. I think he said they would be available in August. Right now I don't have enough large properties to justify a Z. So I'm planning on useing WB. Hopefully, I will have a good year and can buy one later. By the way what is MSRP on one of them.

Thanks again,

4. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

Gators work great on my 54'' SWB.
    Have fun!