What blower to get

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Jul 17, 2005.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I'm going to get a blower soon a backpack blower and am wondering if redmax is still a good blower to get. I hear a lot about getting shocked and really don't want to deal with that. I was considering echo and stihl also. What advantages do those two have and disadvantages? I was looking at echo because I have used a pb 403 before and it worked good. No problems at all. I want to spend 300-400. What blower is for me? :help:
  2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Change your fonts dude. This is the equivalent of cyber-yelling. To answer your question, I prefer Redmax blowers. The shear power alone out-weighs any of the other trivial concerns.
  3. kissmygrass

kissmygrass LawnSite Member
    from Montana

If you have a lot of leaf removal jobs in the fall, the red max is for you. If you just want to blow grass off driveways, stick with a stihl or something cheeper.
  4. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

This summer when i was buying my equipment, $159.99, i love that thing. Have the homelite that ive had since i was 11 for backup. When i buy a backpack itll be a Echo
  5. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

shindaiwa eb630. Light weight. Good for all around. Does ok for leaves. Can't wait to see what my redmax 8000 does on them this year though.
  6. griffy77

griffy77 LawnSite Member

REDMAX7001 and never buy another backpack blower again.
  7. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

I have stihl 420 and a echo 651. The stihl is just abut worthless compared to the echo. Waht a waste of money and labor
  8. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

redmax 7001 last week was 425 and that included shipping from landscape supply check with travis you can't beat the price for the great quality of redmax
  9. burns60

burns60 LawnSite Senior Member

So sorry to hear this. I bought the Sthil 420 also. I had operated fine with a hand held Sthil FS 65 for 2 years. I knew I would need to upgrade before this leaf season. The hand held played out and I bought the 420. I have not been very impressed with the power. It is definitely better, but I'm not sure it is $300. better. Plus, I think my Exmark Lazer HP gets better gas mileage than the Sthil 420. This is the first Sthil product I have been disappointed in. I bought the 420 instead of the 320 thinking that I would be getting the top of the line from Sthil, and thinking that I would later be dissappointed in the power from the 320. Then, I find the 4 mix edition for only $69. more. So, I am a little dissappointed in the "blower decision" that I made. I may talk with my dealer about a trade-in real soon before I get more hours on the 420. Don't have opportunity at "name brands" locally other that Sthil, but like I said, I always thought they were the best anyway.
  10. Lawn Wolf

Lawn Wolf LawnSite Member
    from 77090

Redmax all the way baby.... The 8000 rules, the 7001 is a close second. But you can't go wrong with the shindaiwa, I tried it plenty of power and lightweight. If you want a real blower then definitely the BP 8000 by Redmax. A real magnum of a backpack.