What BOOTS are the best.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by IntegrityGuy, Feb 8, 2009.

1. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Holy crap! I'm going to agree with nosparkplugs for once.

Red Wings are great boots. I grew up in Red Wing MN and know many of the employees. Great company for the town. They have been in biz for 100 plus years now. They do have some boots made in china now but I think every company does that to do that to hit certain price points.

In the fall I got a new insulated set with the super sole 2 which is pretty comfortable. They cost $275 but worth every dollar.

2. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

I have to agree with you on that. They are the best boots in the industry. That's all i use when im around the firehouse.

3. King Cuts Landscaping

King Cuts Landscaping LawnSite Member

Check out Carhartt work boots (red wing owns carhartt so you know the boots are good) Style #3935. Light weight, warm, dry, very comfortable all around great boots.

4. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

My favorite boots are Vasque Boots (Sundowners) I've been buying them since 1978. They use to be made in Italy ($270 in 1978) now they're about $160, but made in China, and not nearly the same boot. I've tried several other brands, but I haven't found any I liked better.

5. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Red Wing now owns Vasque boots. I have a pair too:laugh:

6. modedicebox

modedicebox LawnSite Senior Member

Red Wing's are the best

7. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

I too will only use Red Wing. Damn expensive, but worth every penny. $289 for a pair. I bought 2 pairs for work. Switch off every other day. I get a full season out of them. Oil the leathers every month. They look like ch!t, but they wont quite. I have a third pair for around the house or if both pairs are wet. They are so stiff that they hurt. I need to start breaking them in. Red Wings Rule!

8. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Timberland Pro series...they are the best that I have owned so far!

9. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

My dog ate my digital camera mini-USB cable their expensive to replace too!:dizzy:, no uploading:cry: or I would load some pics of all my Red Wing boots lined up:dizzy:

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i wore redwings back int he early days and they killed me. ahted everything about them. it is odd for me to hear som many people like them. tha is why there are so many different boots and shoes though. different feet for everyone.