What BOOTS are the best.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by IntegrityGuy, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like I'm the only one that wears Cats. Oh well then, I'm special.

2. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like im in the far minority here but I have a pair of lawngrips that I used last year and loved them. They are light and very comfortable. I will probably get another season out of them as long as I waterproof them again, they were starting to leak towards the end of the season. The soles have plenty of tread on them for one more season.

3. paradise32258

paradise32258 LawnSite Member

lawngrips brutus , there great, and they stand behind there warranty to. they sent me a new pair after the soles were seperating after 3 monthes, i used to wear the cats but found that my kness and lower back were killin me, since i've switched i like the lawn grips .. pricey but hey isnt everything and if i can get 1 season out of 1 pair instead of 2 or 3 pairs of another brand then its all good.

4. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I agree 70 a pair 3 pair a yr

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

If my memory serves me correctly, CATS are made by Wolverine.

6. IntegrityGuy

IntegrityGuy LawnSite Senior Member

i dont care if little pieces of rock and grass are hitting my legs as long as i stay cool. i wear my red buisness t-shirt with tan kaki shorts. but i wear jeans when i mulch so my legs dont smell like sh!t all day.

7. King Cuts Landscaping

King Cuts Landscaping LawnSite Member

No one wears Carhartt work boots???? they are great boots!!!

8. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Ive had a pair of the old school Timberlands for about 6 months and have been happy with them. Danners have been good too.

9. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Better watch out for the dog doo doo, or your gonna be pissed.

10. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

I loused to wear Rocky's but they wear out in about 3 months! So now I wera danners which last about a year but in the last three years the price went from $90.00 a pair to $200.00.