1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What BOOTS are the best.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by IntegrityGuy, Feb 8, 2009.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Danners are awesome !!! Doesn't Danner make logging boots too?

That is who made some boots for the US Military.

God, I can't believe I sold boots in College, glad I didn't turn out like Al Bundy.:laugh:
  2. john_incircuit

john_incircuit LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I had the Vasque Sundowners for many years, but you are right, they went downhill quickly once they moved the production out. Now, I use the "Alico" boots, made in Italy. An outstanding boot, made the old fashion way.
  3. bryant lawn & landscape

bryant lawn & landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I used to wear Redwing before switching to Danner for the last few pair. Danners are super comfortable out of the box. They make good snake boots too. I've got a stack of both brands in the closet that have good leather, but the soles wore out in 6 months. I may have to look into resoling.

KACYDS LawnSite Senior Member

Since all I do is spray and fertilize, I needed a waterproof shoe. Tried these LaCrosse Hawthorne, and they are the most comfortable shoe I ever worn. It does an excellent job keeping your feet dry.

Bought them at the begining of last year, and they still have plenty sole on them for this year.

5. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I hadn't heard of Alico boots. I googled them. They have good deals at Sierra Trading Post. I've bought stuff from them before...a good deal.
  6. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

I wear LawnGrips. They are by far the most comfortable boot I have ever worn. I feel better knowing that there is a steel toe, and they are reasonably waterproof. I like the sole design; it gives me pretty good traction. The sole is somewhat soft/gummy like some of the Red Wings so they don't last forever, but the softness adds to the cushioning. They are very roomy in the toe area, so my toes don't feel like they need to be liberated at the end of the day. Not cheap, but well worth it.
  7. EagleGrounds

EagleGrounds LawnSite Senior Member

Yea ive got a pair of them, they are comfortable and have lasted me two years now, the only issue ive had is the insole (i think, the part your foor stands on lol) came loose, but i epoxied it down and went back to work!
  8. Optimum Lawn

Optimum Lawn LawnSite Member

9. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I've had everything from Wal-Mart to LawnGrips to Merrells, etc.. For the past three years I've only had RedWings and won't buy anything else.

I bought a pair of RedWings last August and lately, the sole has started to split in the side. Very unusual. I stopped by the RedWing store yesterday and showed them. No questions asked, they swapped them out for a new pair on the spot.

Top quality, comfort, and customer service. You don't find that too often these days.:waving:
  10. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, something we agree on NSP :). Redwing is the best boot I've ever owned. Wife is now a believer too!