What BOOTS are the best.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by IntegrityGuy, Feb 8, 2009.

1. jerryslandscaping

jerryslandscaping LawnSite Member

Redwings are awesome boots I love them

2. Midstate Lawncare

Midstate Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Summer: Merrell shoes only!
    Fall and estimates/meetings: uninsulated redwings
    Winter and Spring: Carolina 8" loggers no steel toe 600 gram thinsulate 4x4's

3. bock

bock LawnSite Member

These are the ultimate boot. Lightweight, Rugged Impact Resistant Sole, Gor-tex (Breathable & waterproof for the dewy grass in the morning), Excellent Traction and NO LACES. The only disadvantage is string trimming with shorts on, they fill up with debris. However, I service with pants all the time and they work awesome!!! They are $99!

http://www.chippewaboots.com/boots/...fety+Toe=&Leather=&Outsole=&sDiv=04&perpage=6

4. turfman120

turfman120 LawnSite Member

danner is great , friend of mine is a cop in knoxville ,all she wears,told me ,not cheap but i buy 2 pair a year and rotate them daily you will tell a difference no matter what brand gives them a chance to breath too

5. turfman120

turfman120 LawnSite Member

:walking: gotta take care of our [dogs] they help us make our familes have homes,but i suggest danner boots law enforcement issuse these and theyare great

6. Holleys Landscaping

Holleys Landscaping LawnSite Member

bought a pair of steel toed carhardt's from TSC. great boots, have had them almost a year and they are still in one piece, nice and warm in the winter too, suprisingly

7. honeydopm

honeydopm LawnSite Senior Member

Last year i went through 2 pair of Brahmas and a pair of timberlands so i decided to see what the Red Wing hype was all about and today was my first full day wearing them. Needless to say these boots are well worth every penny and im glad that i will be wearing American made products from here on out!!

8. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

i love mt timberland's

9. cbegap

cbegap LawnSite Member

I have been using Merrell Chameleon Stretch II. Not waterproof at all but they breath really well and dry fast. The thing I like is they have a neoprene sock instead of a tongue that keeps almost all of the grass and stuff out of your shoes. Not for use when cutting wood etc., but I like them for cutting grass. Light, comfortable and supportive.

10. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

danner hiking boots.