What boots do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by H&HLawnCare, Feb 9, 2013.

1. H&HLawnCare

H&HLawnCare LawnSite Member

I'm looking at getting some boots since my tennis shoes are about done. I don't really want to spend a couple hundred on a pair of boots. So what boots do you recommend, if any, that are less than $100. If you recommend any boots over $100 can you just state how much you paid for them. Any feedback would be great. Thanks :)

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

I paid 200 for my red wings. My feet are in heaven. I bought other cheapies to last only 6 months is a joke. My red wings will easily last 2 years. They are almost a year old and barely broke in.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Mac B.

Mac B. LawnSite Member

I have been buying the Wolverine pull on boots from a store in NC called the Shoe Dept.. They are $79 and wear really good if you like a pull on boot.

Mac

4. Spring Valley Lawn Service

Spring Valley Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I ve had good look out of wolverine. They have a30 day comfort guarantee

5. hi_speedreed

hi_speedreed LawnSite Senior Member

6. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Are you riding a Z all day or walking behind a WB?
    More power to anyone who can get 1+ years out of workboots that walk...

Do you want waterproof = as in Goretex?

7. H&HLawnCare

H&HLawnCare LawnSite Member

I have a walk behind. No z yet. I live in Florida so waterproof would be preffered. Anybody ever buy lawngrips pro8?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Geronimo

Geronimo LawnSite Member

Red Wings low quarter leather boots. They cost about $150 but wear well and you can't wear them out. You get what you pay for. You cannot go wrong with these boots!

9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Ariat Workhogs, by far the most comfortable boot ive ever worn. And after 8 years in the Army, i know how to put a boot to the test.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I loved my Lawngrips but the ones I wore are not in stock any longer, so....

I just bought a pair of Keen Detroit Mid work shoes, steel toe. Light and comfortable right out of the box, I can already tell. As far as how long they will last, time will tell but other guys on here seem to like them.