What brand and type of turf sprayer would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 2ndcareer, Aug 22, 2013.

1. 2ndcareer

2ndcareer LawnSite Member

I am going to purchase a sprayer. I'm looking at skid type to go in the bed of a pickup or on a stake body. I would like some suggestions on type and brand.
    I hear the Reddick sprayers are very good and they are highly recommended.
    Question I can use answers for from experienced users.
    1. Is it worth spending more money for the diaphragm pump compared to the centrifugal pump?
    2. Tank size? I know it depends on area I will be spraying. Most are 1/4 to 1/2 acre lots, but may have some larger areas.
    3. Manufacture? Is one brand better than others? And, is it worth the money to purchase one brand over another?
    4. Hose length? Again, I know it depends on lot size. But would do you recommend. 200', 300'?
    5. Automatic or manual hose reel?

Thank you for your advice

2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I bought 200 gallon lesco space saver a few years ago amd love it. It has a 400' hose with electric reel. Electric reel is the only way to go!

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I hesitate bringing this up BUT.....

Go with a used ride on, great for 1/4 to 1/2 ac lawns, much less wear and tear on your body, and you will finish jobs faster with at least as good of results.

4. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Iam with DA but if you must buy a skid I would go with a name brand parts

Like lesco / Turbo turf and there are others you want a diaphragm pump elec hose reel a name brand engine like Honda or BS and a at least 300 of 1/2 hose.

search skid sprayer there are ton of CO making them

Charles Cue

5. 2ndcareer

2ndcareer LawnSite Member

If I go with a used ride on; what kind do I look for?

6. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I would look for a good used Pemragreen they are every where and can be bought at a good price

Look on here at the market there is a Zspray a couple Permagreens and a T3000 there's quit a selection right now

Charles Cue

7. jad004

jad004 LawnSite Senior Member

GNC INdustries - Ask for Mark - 1-800-462-2005 - www.gnci.org
    200 Gallon Space Saver Spray Rig with Hannity Electric hose reel, lawn gun with yellow tip and 300' of 1/2" hose. This rig will fit in the back of your truck up next to the cab. Shipped right to you.
    Approx $3900 plus couple hundred for shipping.
    Get it with the piston pump. I have 3 rigs and no problems with any of them. No diaphram to mess with.
    Also, has a Subaru motor. It has a 5 year warrenty where the Honda is 1 or 2 year i think.