1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What brand battery is the best?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Z400ACDC, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Z400ACDC

Z400ACDC LawnSite Member

I need a new one for my Grasshopper 225, with Kohlor 25hp. THANKS!!!

2. bnorton

bnorton LawnSite Member

In my opinion the "blems" from Interstate work just as well as the high-priced ones.

3. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Don't over think this, just shoot over to sears and get a die hard they have the industrys best warentee

4. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

walmart 20 dollar battery works for me

5. Brett's Cutting Edge

Brett's Cutting Edge LawnSite Member
    from novi

Dont buy one from Walmart. Get a good gell bettery that will last you a long time. It rarley has to be charged. I have one on my truck, Snowmobile, Quad and Jetskies they are about 2x as much but last alot longer.

6. fearthedeere

fearthedeere LawnSite Member

I like Dekas but I assume most middle-of-the road brands are just as fine.

7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

They work for us and never had a problem:walking:

8. parttimer

parttimer LawnSite Member

Any sealed battery will work fine .All those for Wal-Mart and Auto Zone never last more than1 maybe 2 years . :usflag:

9. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know. I have still been using the original battery on my JD lx277 (I know, lawn tractor) purchased spring of 2000. I just hope the one on the Scag Wildcat I bought last summer is half as good!:usflag:

10. DJL50

DJL50 LawnSite Senior Member

Don't get too worked up on what brand to buy. I use to order batteries for a retailer. When the truck came to deliver, the driver would look on his delivery sheet for the brand your store stocked. Pull out big stickers and slap them on the non labeled batteries he had in his truck. He had stickers for a lot of top brands.