what brand bp blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Matts lawn care, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

i am in the market for a new high power bp blower i was thinking about the echo 751 (all my hand tools are echo) have i over looked any outher brand. i need a good one for big leaf jobs and then just for every day use. what do u think.

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Do a search because this has been brought up several times. Welcome to Lawnsite:waving:

3. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't used the echo but I seem them around and look like good blowers. I personally like redmax. I have the 7001 and 8000 and they are very powerful blowers.

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

The 8000 is a powerful blower but everything else falls apart. next one will be a shin 8510:cool2:

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The big Echo is a good unit but very heavy. The 620 is a compromise in weight and blowing power.

6. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

how many hours did your 8000 have on it before you started having problems?

7. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

The 8000 is not a problem. I have 2 and niether has ever been down one day. Yes the choke had to be fixed and the unit came undone where it hooks to frame and a handle borke off but once I fixed those problems the unit has been great with a year of solid use on one doing big jobs no piss ant residential stuff and no problems. I can use a 7001 for residential but will never opt for a smaller blower for commercial. If you get an 8000 and take care of it, it is gold!

8. Matts lawn care

from MD

thanks for the responces i will look into the redmax 8000 and 7001 the blower is mostly needed for leaf jobs. i will also look at the echo 620

9. Matts lawn care

from MD

i ended up getting a redmax 7001 at my local redmax dealer for 472 w tax

10. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

Any reason you didnt go for the 8000. I believe its only about $50 or $60 more. Dont get me wrong...I have the 2 7001s myself and love them. I never have any problems with them but if I need to get a 3rd it will be the 8000.