1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What brand of 21 inch mower do you run?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by StihlMechanic, Oct 28, 2010.

What brand of 21 inch mower do you run, you can choose more than one!

Poll closed Nov 2, 2010.
  1. Toro Commercial 21 (Exmark 21 included)

8 vote(s)
  2. Snapper Commercial (Steel Wheels, kawi or honda engine)

3 vote(s)
  3. Honda Commercial HRC (Not Homeowner Honda)

9 vote(s)
  4. John Deere Commercial 21 (old JX85 or new commercial mower)

2 vote(s)
  5. Other, homeowner models, other un-named commercial 21 inch mowers

16 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Groh's Mows

Groh's Mows LawnSite Member

Old Snapper commercial with a Wisconsin Robin 5 hp and a newer Snapper commercial with the Honda engine. Both are good machines.
  2. ELS LLC

ELS LLC LawnSite Member

If you are into fishing consider the Exmark 21s they make great anchors. Honda 21s are built tough and always start but my guys ***** at the controls. Can't beat the Toro Prolines They last forever. I even have a half dozen old Toro 2 strokes that outdo the newer ones. Bottom line we purchase new 21s every year for my two mowing crews. Makes life easier because they get beat to death.
  3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have started using ariens-so far so good
  4. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Homeowner Craftsman, does the job for me. Luckily it's light and it bags pretty well, don't use a push mower enough to justify spending more than $250 or so.
  5. Self_Paid1

Self_Paid1 LawnSite Member

Exmark Metro 21 and Toro GTS 21
  6. bladesnshades

bladesnshades LawnSite Member

Honda hrx 21", bought it in october new, haven't used it yet so the jury's still out.
  7. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

Ive been using a homeowner toro 21" that i got for free on the side of the road for 3 years now. the guy originally wanted $70 for it but he was honest and said it has a bad rod knock so he gave it to me for free. Yeah 3 years later its still running. I actually filled it up with gear lube to help it out haha