What Brand of Digital Camera do you use... and Why ?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by KindGardener, Mar 4, 2001.

1. KindGardener

KindGardener LawnSite Member

Hi y'all-

I read Earthscape's Digital vs Polaroid Thread and am wondering which brand/model of Digital do you recommend, and why?

I'd like to spend under $300 - & get a camera I can use to take photos to use with my ProLandscape program, as well as for Before&After shots on my upcoming web site.

2. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i just got a sony cybershot. great camera.

4. KindGardener

KindGardener LawnSite Member

GroundKprs - DOH! (thanks for the pointer to the prior thread...) next time I'll search first!

5. Kansas Turf Man

Kansas Turf Man LawnSite Member

I just bought a KODAK DC260 Zoom with all af the bells and whistles it is retail over $1000. I got it for $248.50 on eBay. <B>DO NOT BUY ONE FROM A RETAIL STORE.</B> You can get a great deal on ebay. the good KODAK's are DC220, DC260, DC265, DC280, DC290, etc. I started by going to http://www.kodak.com and finding the one I wanted then went to eBay. If you are patient you can get a great price. If you find the one you want with a BUY IT NOW price that sounds reasonable take it. Almost every camera I watched went for much more then the buy it now price. I hope this helps. If you would like to see the quality check out my web site in about 2 weeks. we should have several pictures posted from our home shows as we go to them.

Happy Shopping. :)

6. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

i have a kodak DC215. The thing is great, I couldn't tell the difference between this one and the higher priced models. I think its like 1 or 1.2 megapixels. I only paid $100 for it, i guess some guy stole a bunch, so for that price i couldn't pass it up, but it is a great camera..