What brand of grass catcher do you use for your walk behinds?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Jun 18, 2004.

?

What brand of grass catcher do you use on your walk behind mowers?

1. Grass Gobbler

16 vote(s)
    48.5%
  2. Accelerator

17 vote(s)
    51.5%
  1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

1. Grass Gobbler

2. Accelerator

2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a Grass Gobbler catcher for my Bob-Cat and it works great!!!!!!!!

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Let me see I have:
    1-4.3 cu ft grassgobbler for my eXmark Metro
    2-4.3 cu ft grassgobbler for my Wright Standers
    2-Leafgobbler extention for my Wright Standers
    1-Grassgobbler turbo ten for my wright sentar
    1-Leafgobbler turbo ten extention for my sentar(on order)

I wouldn'y run anything else. I have had cloth(eXmark) and plastic catcher(bunton) with the mounting plates. Which are a pain. I also had a Grasspacker (ferris) which wore out. Nothing can hold up to a grassgobbler.

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Accelerators are Lighter, Easier to Dump, Easier On-Off-at least on my Toro & eXmarks.---than Gobblers....Lighter is Good.

5. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I have wore out a number of grass gobblers and after getting a accelorator would not buy another.

6. Hrock

Hrock LawnSite Member

If you have used a accelorator you wouldnt be seying grass gobbler. accelorator is better by far

7. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont buy a grasscatcHERR from Herr industries. It looks like a grass gobler, but it is a piece of junk. It is in the middle of its second season, and I have had to have a new bottom welded on already. Paint job was very thin and sloppy. Its started to rust the first week I had it. Total junk.

8. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

Check the link for my opinion about the Accelerator, (http://www.acceleratorindustries.com/) the Grass gobbler isn’t in the same class as the Accelerator. No doubt the gobbler should last a long time being that is made out of steel, but in this case it is worth the extra money for the Accelerator. My 6.2. Xl weighs a lot less than a Turbo 10 and holds more!
    Jeff

9. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

iI have been using a grass gobler on my 36in wb for about 5 years now. It gets used and abused every fall and spring, but it really has held up not even rust on it yet. My only complaint is the its a freaking boat ancher. The thing weighs a ton just by its self. I am thinking about the accelerator for my exmark as everyone says they weigh alot less, which is really nice at the end of the day.

10. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

I have never bagged with a w/b,double cutting disperses the clippings and saves the time of collecting the grass and hauling it around all day and then disposing of it,lots of time and labor involved after leaving job site. My post may not belong here but I just don't belive in bagging.