What brand of mower is this ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AiricR, Mar 11, 2012.

1. AiricR

AiricR LawnSite Member

just bought this mower and was curious as to the company who makes it. I was told it was ExMark but I havent seen a green Exmark before. It looks very similar to a Bob-Cat but I cant find and that look as boxy as this one. Any ideas of Brand or age ?

[​IMG]

2. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

No clue. They all looked alike back in the day. And a lot of the parts were interchangeable. The paint color looks like a Bunton.

3. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Maybe lesco or bob-cat.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. AiricR

AiricR LawnSite Member

[​IMG]

You aren't kidding when you said they all looked alike back in the day...my god.

I looked at some Lesco's, very similar but the Buntons have the open spindle deals on the cover so I think thats what it may be.

I picked it up for $300.00 to mow my 2 acres.It was either a Box store push mower or this...

Id rather be pulled around my yard than pushing something through it..lol. It has a newer 10 hp Tecumseh and no Number tags anywhere on the body of the mower. Its a beast

thanks for the replies
    Eric

5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Can you get a few more angles of it and maybe higher resolution? Might be a Bobcat. Some of theirs had those single sided front wheel spindles like that.

One thing to really look at is that deck cover with those raised openings for the spindles. You dont see that often. If they are open its usually just a hole like the Bunton picture in this thread. Those raised things usually had caps on them for a little more protection.

6. AiricR

AiricR LawnSite Member

7. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I dont think its an exmark or a lesco. I dont think lesco made any mowers that would look like that. Pretty close to a bunton aside from the handle bars and deck cover. The gearbox and handle bar design makes me think bobcat.

It could also just be pieced together from different brands and painted green.

8. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

i bet it is an exmark repainted green some time ago.

9. AiricR

AiricR LawnSite Member

The body of the deck resembles the Exmark Metro
    [​IMG]
    How long do they go back ?

10. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

looks like an old Goodall that bunton bought. I had on that looked just like it.