what brand of riding mower should i buy?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Robert Doubrava, Sep 1, 2001.

1. Robert Doubrava

Robert Doubrava LawnSite Senior Member

Yep. I was thinking John Deere is the way to go. After all, Nothing Runs Like a Deere!!:cool:
  2. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

I can think of a good brand to buy [​IMG]
  3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Robert,you were thinking John Deere,but you have 1000 bucks,You cant afford a new rider if its going to be a JD,No matter how good the 5K JD is,I'd walk right past it for an entry level 60"ZTR for 6-7000.No way the JD can keep up with the ZTR,
  4. Robert Doubrava

Robert Doubrava LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah. I know that. If, somehow, I get more money, I'll buy one. Not sure, though.

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Robert, If most of your accounts are small .. I think a 52 or 60" Ztr is a little too big for you ?? Look into Walkers.. Plenty of used ones around here in the 3 to 5K range for the larger commercial ones with 42 or 48" decks... can get them without the GHS system for alot less money.. Basically that will make it like a ZTR that the others are talking about but with more menuverability and the ability to get through 48" gates...
  6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i payed $200 for my tractor (can be seen at www.stslawncare.com under lawnsite pictures) and its the best investment i ever made, its 20+ years old but runs like new.
  7. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

scottie, what is that in picture#6 on your equipment list?