What brand of walkbehind is the best

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare010, Apr 10, 2008.

1. lawncare010

lawncare010 LawnSite Member

Hey i am looking to but my first walkbehind this season i have no clue what brand to buy, could you suggest what brands are the best and what model i should get, thanks if you have any pic of your walkbehids can you post them

Thanks
    Kyle

2. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

from what i have seen i would say scags are pretty heavy duty, i have had 3 scag walk behinds and they were good not great. I am getting a new exmark walk behind this year purely for the fact it has the ecs, the scag handles will kill anyone using them. hope this helps. And get a hydro if you plan on keeping it for a while, much better than belt.

3. lawncare010

lawncare010 LawnSite Member

have you heard if any of the better outdoor prouducts are any good i look at their web and see that you can only order them online and they ship it to you for like $300

4. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

there are lots of posts on here about them, do a search i just read a couple reviews the other day, but personally i have no idea how they are.

5. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

For the scag handles you can get lighter springs. They are nice you can work it with 1 finger literally and it does not affect the tracking or return in any way.