What brand pond components do you guys use??

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by dirtybiz, Mar 12, 2007.

1. dirtybiz

dirtybiz LawnSite Senior Member
    from MT

:confused: I just got done reading Aquascapes pond builders bible, and they swear up and down on their products, however my sprinkler supplier sells Savio products, and carries them in stock (only local supplier tha carries pond stuff that i know of). So the savio would be much more convenient, and would have some staff to help back up the products.

What do you guys use, what are the pros and cons?? I am just getting into the pond aspect of landscaping and would like to pick a brand and stick with it. We have two pondless waterfalls to do this spring. Kind of like the Savio pondless setup better i think, other than you would have to move some gravel to access the pump (not a big deal) What do you guys think??

2. Beartooth

Beartooth LawnSite Member

What's the name of your supplier in Bozeman?

3. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

My brother started carrying Russell Water Gardens products, and I've been really impressed. Really, really heavy duty.

4. dirtybiz

from MT

Midland Implement is the supplier.

5. Beartooth

2M Company is a local supplier in Bozeman and they have been in the water feature business for a long time. They carry a wide variety of supplies and have amazing service. They carry Pondsweep.

6. dirtybiz

from MT

I'm not really looking for a supplier, as i stated i already have one, and have heard less than superior things about 2M, sorry. Mostly i was just wondering if people use aquascape or savio components, and if so how they have worked for them.

7. Beartooth

I'm not trying to get you to switch suppliers, I'm just letting you know that Pondsweep has some great products, and they just happen to be supplied in your area by 2M. Aquascapes is a knock-off from Pondsweep. A family rift caused a split from Pondsweep which ultimately became Aquascapes. As far as I know, there is not a local dealer for Aquascapes in your area. Savio just hasn't proved anything to me yet. Basically, use the product that you feel most comfortable with and will also function with reliability year after year. Good Luck!

8. dirtybiz

from MT

Beartooth, thanks for the info. I will have to take a look at pondsweep. I had never heard of them until you mentioned, but sounds like they are highly recommended. Thanks.

9. earthworksindiana

earthworksindiana LawnSite Member

I have used Aquascape both puchased locally and directly from the manufacturer and have never been disapointed. If purchasing localy be certain your sales person has your best interest in mind and not padding their wallet. Anyone can sell something, but really understanding their represented products and being there after the sale is invaluable!

10. Aquastone Landscaping LLC

Aquastone Landscaping LLC LawnSite Member

I've used Aquascape stuff in the past and have been dissapointed because of their lack of design deversity. I currently use Filtrific stuff. I love their vanishing water system it works great, and its a lot easier to install with less digging and less manual labor then some of the other stuff out there. you should check em out and see if theres a distributer near you.
    go to www.filtrific.com