What brand...

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Mr.Hurry, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Mr.Hurry

Mr.Hurry LawnSite Member

Just wondering what brand edger and trimmer to go with, any help would be appreciated.

2. Nathan Robinson

Nathan Robinson LawnSite Senior Member
    from 47712

echo since the name echo is to short for lawnsite to allow me to post I will say it again...echo!

3. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

As a homeowner who has been through a few, most if not all of the major brands are good. Be sure to get a commercial grade, the way I use one I tend to look one the lower middle grade commercial. I have a Stihl trimmer thats pushing 20 years and a handheld blower almost as old. I'v had to have a little bit of dealer service on the blower, and the trimmer has never been back and still runs like a champ. Chose one where you can get good service it you need it, take care of it, and you should get good service regardless of brand.

4. Mr.Hurry

Mr.Hurry LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input

5. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I am also saying echo. I have to echo trimmers and have had NO problems with them for 2 years! My next choice would be stihl...hope this helps in an upcoming purchase?

6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Stihl ......................

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Echo Redmax or Shindaiwa

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Def. NOT Stihl. My next trimmer is going to be a Kawasaki. I say either Kawi or Echo. Maybe Husqvarna too.

9. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Everyone is going to have their favorites, but for the record-I haven't had a single problem with my Tanakas.

10. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Tanaka, Stihl, Echo, plus a couple others?