what brands do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by wclement7, Jul 3, 2004.

1. wclement7

wclement7 LawnSite Member

right now i have a piece of crap self propelled 20" mower form wal-mart. i alaso have a great pro series john deere weed eater that i just got yesterday. (home lite died:) :) :D :D :) :) when we were at john deere i saw that they have puch mowers and knew that they should be good quality. first of all are they good quality? what do you thihk of self propelled with caster wheels? i have been looking at the caster wheels for a while but know nothing about if they are good or not. my uncle finds many used riding lawnmoers at autions and such around his area. and i was wondering if one of them would be a good way to start out? i know right now i can not start with anything over 500$. until i more clients. what else woudl you recommend for me? thanks for your help!
    willis

2. iceberg210

iceberg210 LawnSite Member

I've only used a John Deere riding mower and all I can say is that they make great machines, I would personally go with Craftsman as they make great stuff for preetty little money

3. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

You might be able to get a decent 21" JD push mower for around $500.That's about it,though.I can't say enough good things about all the JD equipment that I own.
    Before I started my business I owned a Craftsman riding mower and some other smaller stuff.Not bad equipment at all.
    Good luck.