What brands lighting are you using?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by CNYScapes, Dec 1, 2006.

1. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at getting in to lighting next year. I want good quality, but also affordability for the customer is always a factor. What brands do you guys recommend?
  2. niteliters

niteliters LawnSite Senior Member

nightscaping, cast, kichler, vista are four that I would recommend. What will become most important to you is the relationship you develop with your distributor. I would encourage you to not seek out the "affordable" lines. You will too easily fall into competing with everyone else trying to the same thing. If you already have a thriving business doing landscaping for example, take the time to research and learn (gain confidence) and offer your customers the very best. You'll be thankful you did in the long run and so will your customers.
  3. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

I loved your website. very impressive portfolio & work.
  4. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Vista has good transformers but I can't say enough about how fast the fixtures fade (black) compared to others. Does anyone have any thoughts on Hinckley Lighting?
  5. niteliters

I humbly say, "thank you" have so much more to learn...what keeps me gettin" up every day :)
  6. niteliters

ICS, their product looks very nice. I have never used them so can't give you informed response. I can say that I refer to these types of fixtures as ornamental. They look cool but will they hold up. I refer mainly to the path lights. I am go to order some and play. Thanks for bringing to my attention. Most of our lighting projects are about seeing the light and not the fixture so we don't use alot of ornate fixtures. What vista fixtures are you having a fading problem with. I have a friend in pheonix that installs Vista. I am sure in pheonix he might deal with the same problem and may have a solution.
  7. extlights

extlights LawnSite Senior Member

We've used quite a few Hinckley fixtures and so far they've done well. The only downside to them is price. Quite a few of the path fixtures can be almost double the cost of some of the other pro brands. If you get a client that wants something a little more "upscale" though, I wouldn't hesitate to use them.
  8. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Mainly referring to the accent and flood fixtures. We used to only use Vista transformers but we have used more Kichler this past summer.
  9. poiuy qwerty

poiuy qwerty LawnSite Member

We have used Cast, Kichler, Focus, Hadco, Lightcraft East.
    I have had better luck with some, but all in all good fixtures.
    The only thing I use 100% is the Cast transformer.
  10. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Aurora lights are like that too... Got an install pending completion of the home using auroras and a few night orbs around a waterfall. Hopefully they can get the house done by feb!