What brands you daily see your LCO use?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MTR, Dec 13, 2002.

1. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Hi, I have a few questions regarding brands of equipment you "daily" see your area 's LCO use, when they drive by on streets, or even mowing, etc. Here is breakdown of what I daily, routinely, and mostly "see" in Central Florida.

ZTR : Toro Z master, Exmark Lazer Z, Dixie Chopper and a very few Hustler's. (JD and Snapper or Ferris ZTR once a while like in 2-3 months!)

WB: Bunton (pistol, alomost in everyone trailer!), a lot of Scag WB and Toro T-bar. A few of Stander's

21": An assortment of everything, Toro, Honda, Snapper and MTD or Murray.

Trimmer/edger/blower: Of course, Stihl everywhere !

Now, what you, guys got to say about your area or other sides of countrie, I think this is a tell-tale sign of how strong and how weak which "manufacturer" really have in control of market.

Best regards,
    :dizzy:

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

About 2 or 3 yrs ago you saw mostly Toro and Bunton w/bs and Walkers for riders. Over the last 2 season I see mostly eXmark equipment on trailers now. Some Grasshoppers lately. Hardly ever see a Chopper.

3. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg LawnSite Member

Mostly Exmark ZTR's Walkers are getting popular.

Little bit of everything when it comes to WB's

All Echo everywhere.

4. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

butons or scags used to be the mower around my area, now it seems everyone is starting to buy lesco.

5. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

My area is only one town, so I'm pretty local. There's a huge amount of competition here, this is mostly what I see:
    -Walkbehinds- Ferris, Scag, some Exmark
    -Riders- Walker, Lazers, some Scag. Never have seen a DC.
    -Many guys use Standers.
    -All types of hand-held equipment and blowers.

My dealer is the largest Ferris belt drive dealer. So that is why so many machines around here are red. They also sell a large number of Standers and RedMax equipment. Mike

6. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

ZTR's - Mostly Scag.
    WB's: Lots of Scag and Lesco...seeing more and more Exmark, though
    Handheld: Mostly Echo is what I see used, but lots of Stihl dealers here, too.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

If it's a major brand name I pretty much see it here. Exmark, Toro, Gravely, Great Dane, Encore, Scag, Dixie Chopper, Husky, JD, Ferris etc. There's even one guy with a couple of Landscaper Supply walkbehinds.

A lot of Shindy trimmers and Stihl backpacks.

8. The Yard Man

The Yard Man LawnSite Member
    from FL

ZTR - Mostly Toro and Exmark. I have seen a few Husqvarna, Kubota, Scag, but very rarely. A lot of Walkers around also

W/B - Mostly Exmark

21" - Anything and everything

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Scag, Ferris, eXmark, and Toro...hands down.

Everyone else (Great Dane, DC, Hustler, Wright Stander, Walkers, Bunton, Lesco, etc.) is virutally non-existent. The only time I have seen these manufacturers has been on LS memeber pics.

10. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

Z's Toro, John Deere and Dixie Choppers.
    W/B Toro, John Deere and Scag.