What broadcast (push or pull behind) spreader do you like?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by HighGrass, Apr 20, 2005.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I need to invest in a heavy duty (BUT LIGHTWEIGHT) broadcast spreader(push or pull behind).

Anybody have any opinons, favorites?

2. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

Did you look into JRCO? www.jrcoinc.com

There are some other companies that make similar products as well.

3. mastercare

mastercare LawnSite Senior Member

I see mostly Lesco push spreaders around here, and have used them in the past. They're a great spreader, and rarely need any type of maint/repairs.

However, this past winter I bought a push spreader for Salting sidewalks, and ended up with the Meyer Hotshot HD. It has a single large opening which works well for salt, and it doubles as a fert spreader in the summer...which is why I bought it.

The manual that comes with it has conversion chart to help you compare the rate of flow with that of other spreaders....so you know which setting to put it on.

I would say that the Hotshot is an equal to Lesco.....and better for the fact that it's made so heavy duty for winter use.

4. aclassic

aclassic LawnSite Member

mastercare,
    where'd you get that meyer hotshot hd? you say it is on the level w/ lesco? how much did you pay for it? i'm looking for a good spreader right now so any help would be good,
    thanks