What business software would u recommend for lawn care?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by danspropertymain., Jul 10, 2008.

1. danspropertymain.

danspropertymain. LawnSite Member

Looking for lawn care software for my business. Want one thats easy to use.All help is appreciated....
    Thanks
    Dan

2. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

Check out Landscape Management System, it works great!

Estimates, Invoices, Customer info and account Management, Scheduling, and more! Oh and its super easy to use and doesnt cost much.

Check out a free trial at www.landscapemanagementsystem.com
    enjoy!

3. island associates

island associates LawnSite Member

we use excel, word and powerpoint... we try to keep it easy...

4. Shaun13

Shaun13 LawnSite Member

2nd for landscape managment system

5. amor4421

amor4421 LawnSite Member

3rd for landscape managment system

6. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

I was all for Landscape Management System for awhile. It makes things fairly easy but when I started growing more, its too much of a pain.

If you just want it to keep up with your invoices, thats cool, but a lot of features that are in there are buggy and I found that as a turn off.

Personally, I was using their option to have customers pay through PayPal. If you turn off the option for your customers to pay the PayPal fees, when the invoice gets back to LMS after a customer has paid, it leaevs out that 2.9% so all of your customers have like $2 left over showing as being owed.

Some customers were going and paying like 3 or 4 times over and over, slowly whittling the number down until they realized that it would never go away. Some even overpaid.

The ones that didn't do that, I had to go through manually and adjust those prices as being paid. Very annoying. It is supposedly in the works of being fixed by LMS.

But as I said, if you just want to use it to print and mail invoices, it works pretty well. The invoices are professional. and for something like $4.50 a month it isnt bad.

Now I bill with credit cards and use Gopher, I love Gopher www.gophersoftware.com. Its =fairly= easy to use, just takes some time to set up all your customers in it. Full license is $99, but there is a 30 free trial, worth checking out.

But it has paid off, I'm more organized than ever. I love the scheduling feature. Set up your customers on their normal routes, when you finish them, come home and settle them out and have Gopher run up invoices on them. MUCH faster than doing it on LMS.

From there I just use the invoice info to bill the credit cards the following day. I dont mail out invoices except for two commercial customers so I havent seen a Gopher invoice printed out yet :D

Just depends on your needs! Good Luck.

7. JacksonLawns

JacksonLawns LawnSite Member

I am using Gopher's free trial right now and really like it. I was using excel, which was getting the job done. Gopher is much quicker and efficient. I am very pleased with it and will be purchasing when my trial runs out.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I use Gopher software. It might not be the best out there but it works good for me!

9. YardKeeper08

YardKeeper08 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I use LawnPro and it really works great for me. Simple to use and really does the job. I dont know what the others cost but $97 isnt bad for a program when you think of the time it saves not doing pencil and paper/ post-it notes/ napkins/ you get the point, gets the job done neat.

10. bone1

bone1 LawnSite Member
    from ga

downloaded the free trial for gopher, don't really like it. gonna try the groundskeeper.