What can I do about this problem?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tsh1773, Mar 24, 2005.

1. tsh1773

tsh1773 LawnSite Senior Member

I live in a subdivision where the first several yards including mine were sodded with tall fescue. Within the last year they have been installing Bermuda sod on all new lots. There are currently 2 vacant lots on my left between me and a neighbor of mine, who has Bermuda. Two house are currently being built on those too lots. There is also 1 vacant lot to my right which is under construction as well. I've got a feeling that all 3 lots under construction will be sodded with Bermuda.

What can I do to prevent my Fescue from being over taken by Bermuda from 2 different directions. Is there anything legally I can do once I see Bermuda is used.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

NO there is NOTHING you can do! (is that double negative?

well anyway you could get a comfortable mouse pad like this!
    [​IMG]

3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Same problem when I lived in florida, only St augustine VS Bahia..... You could install some steel edging that way you have a line that you can edge to keep the invasion at bay......now in VA My neighbor has zosia on one side and I am trying to hand pull it out as I can....but nothing I can do will stop it, short of roundup, and I'm not willing to go that route just yet....

4. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Might sound stupid, but when they start installing the lawn see what the difference is between fescue and bermuda and see if the homeowner will split the difference if possible (or if not that much, pay for it). It will be a royal PITA if it goes in bermuda.