What can I do with this?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Mac B., Nov 19, 2006.

1. Mac B.

Mac B. LawnSite Member

I found a guy that has a Jacobson slitter, seeder I don't know the correct name of it for sale. He said he will take $100 for it. I was wondering if this is the same platform the aerators are made on and if I could turn this into a aerator? He said it runs I was just wondering if it was worth the money?

2. sjj14

sjj14 LawnSite Member

Any pics or model #? These pieces are usually dedicated units and are not interchangeable. If it runs, you do not already have a seeder and your just doing odd jobs than $100 is not a huge risk. If your in the market for a seeder and will be relying on this piece of equipment there are probably better options although not for that price.
  3. Mac B.

Mac B. LawnSite Member

I don't have the model # but thanks for the information.

4. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

Save your time effort and frustration. If you try to convert one machine to do another job you can do it but the cost problems and results are not worth it. For instance you can make a ford F 150 fly, but the cost, and result would be terrible. Aerators are designed to aerate, Seeders to seed...It is two totally different jobs. The only thing they have in common is gas engines.