what can i expect to sell for

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BrandonV, Jun 10, 2008.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey guys, I'm picking up a new dump truck this week and I'm seriously considering getting rid of my fl-60 because now I'd have 2 spares, and that's a little overkill. Anyways, it's a 1999 Freightliner FL-60 cummins, 5 speed (yeah big whoop) but it's made me a lot of money. I have a super nice ox body dump on it and it can carry about 20-22yds of mulch, and that's all it's ever carried. It will need a clutch soon, leaks oil as usual, and the AC isn't cold, but the truck is in good shape overall. I'd like to ditch this truck and buy a fancy dump trailer to go behind our 07 f750, basically letting us haul more mulch than this rig... anyways, I'm terrible with selling stuff because I never know how much things are worth? any ideas? oh 90% tires all the way around. the trailer I want is around $15k so I'd like to make a dent in that.

Here's a pic, its on the back because we trailered it back from an VA job once instead of everyone having to drive.
    [​IMG]

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

How many miles? Sounds like all it needs is $1000-1500 in work... can you really justify spending 40k to haul mulch?

3. BrandonV

where'd you get 40k from?

4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Sorry didn't read the post correctly! I thought you were going to replace w/ another new one. How much you want for it? How many miles? Fuel mpgs?

5. BrandonV

I've made my money with it I would be happy to get 15k for it so that would cover the new trailer. My main reason for selling it is I can't drive everything. Its a manual and its next to impossible to find people who can drive a stick well. All my newer trucks are autos and when u bought our f750 I got it with an auto and a box to haul dirt with so it only carries about 15yds mulch. I figure with a 8-10 dump trailer I'd be back to my mulch carrying cap and I would not have to necessairly drive, leaving me to do more tech related stuff that shoveling mulch.

6. BrandonV

link
    hey if anyone cares I've finally put it on ebay.

I just had it inspected so it's street legal! Good to go.