what can I give away?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CNYScapes, Jul 27, 2014.

1. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Im looking for ideas on what i can give away to new customers for signing an annual agreement? I am trying to avoid giving away any of my services. I am more interested in giving away an actual product or maybe a gift card for a store or website.

Any ideas of what I can give away that will appeal to most clients?

Dollar value I am thinking $25 to $50 range at most.

2. ilike2mow

ilike2mow LawnSite Bronze Member

One free hedge trimming of all the bushes in the yard during the contract commitment. Oh just saw your line about avoiding services. Maybe something like an amazon gift card or something

3. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Funny you mentioned Amazon Gift card, that was one I thought of too. Im not sure if that would alienate older clients, but then again even my 74 yr old mother is on the net!

4. ilike2mow

ilike2mow LawnSite Bronze Member

You could also give them the option of several different gift cards so they aren't limited to one choice.

5. snomaha

snomaha LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

We get a lot of referral business - $10 Starbucks card and a hand written note goes along ways.

6. NIXRAY

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

Stay local, a gift card to a locally owned restaurant. Car service. Coffee shop etc.
    Go have a talk with one of the local owners and see if you can't drum up a deal. You give your customers their business. For signing a contract. Perhaps that business can do something for you?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Ditta&Sons

Ditta&Sons LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive heard some give gift cards to a chain restaurant like Applebees or something similar, but the suggestions Ive read about are for $50

8. rdfenn3

rdfenn3 LawnSite Member
    Male, from Akron NY

A perennial or small cheap tree
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

I'd argue you don't need to give anything away. But if you do feel the need, what has the lowest cost to you and the highest perceived value to clients? You give them a $50 gift card it costs you $50. You give them a $50 service, what does it cost you?

What type of services are you attempting to aquire?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Best suggestion. Keep your money in your pocket. Let everyone else spend theirs.
    easy-lift guy