what can I give away?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CNYScapes, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

You still haven't addressed the fundamental question I asked you privately?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. HaluchsLandscapes

HaluchsLandscapes LawnSite Member

I would agree here. Give away a credit towards their account or 10% off one service.. or a pre pay discount. What is you get 30 customers sign up. Does that mean your going to shell out $750?
  3. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

We have done gift cards as a thank you. We have always worked a deal where we buy a number of cards at once and the restaurant gives us a 50% deal on the cards. We have done this with both local and chains.
  4. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

Several years back a new fert company giving out 50 dollar HD cards in my hood. Most of them did not make it past 2 or 3 treatments.

You can't lock someone into a yearly contract. It would be a waste of resources to go after them for breaking the agreement.
  5. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

You would have to make them prepay for the season. Most of my current fert customers prepay anyway to take advantage of the 5% discount I offer.
  6. wes92395

wes92395 LawnSite Member

This year I gave away those small iPod shuffles to every new customer that signed on before a certain date for weekly mowing services. I gave away 7 of them. I did it with post cards that way I could control who it went to. I think the trick here is finding something that seems like its expensive but really isn't
  7. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic

when I owned a tree farm, I used to give away a free tree planted for every tree I removed.
    I made tree removal so much easier, get rid of the big old monster, find a sweet spot for this little 2" cherry tree.
    All of the sudden every tree hugger was willing to let big bertha go, it was kinda silly but it worked really well.