What can I use to keep brush down???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by huskyman, Apr 26, 2002.

1. huskyman

huskyman LawnSite Member

I just cleared a small lot of overgrown brush. Is there anything I can spray on it to keep it down. I don't want to turn the lot to dirt and kill every living thing, I just want to keep the brush and vines especially under control. Can anybody please help me......

2. Greenie

Greenie LawnSite Member

I've had good results bush hogging at least once a year.

3. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Triclopyr

4. MoCut1

MoCut1 LawnSite Member

5. Kent Lawns

from Midwest

As with any pesticide.

6. Tordonista

Tordonista LawnSite Member

Remember--any Broadleaf Weed herbicide is actually a Broadleaf PLANT herbicide. Most of the common ones (24D, dicamba, (that's WeedBgone!)etc are as effective and brush and shrubs as they are on dandeloins. Killing the brush will generally release the grasses they've been shading out.
    In most states, you don't need a liscence to spray non restricted use pesticides on yo0ur own propery. I hope a "professional" wouldn't have had to ask that question here.
    Neither Trriclpyr nor Clopyralid are real good on woody plants.

7. Kent Lawns

from Midwest

????
    Triclopyr is the main ingredient in brush be gone. Clopyralid is irrelevant.

2,4-D is as effective on brush as it is on dandelions?

????

8. Tordonista

Tordonista LawnSite Member

I've used Garlon in tree plantations. I use confront over a lot of shrubs and ornamental trees.

If you don't think D is effective on brush, shoot the dandelions in you lawn up against your nice shrub beds with some on a windy day.
    Shrubs are nothing but brush.