What catches you eye?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Junior M, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, so I have to design an ad for a local business for my journalism class, of course I chose Ernie Mankins & Sons Construction, so I need some idea's on what catches your eye on another excavating companies ad? If you have your own what do you think is the most eye catching thing? I just need some idea's to design an ad that will get the most attention for a service that most people dont need..

2. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

It has to be a service that most people don't need?

3. Bleed Green

or do you just have to make an ad for the company?

4. Bleed Green

If you just need an ad you could make something like a picture of an excavator with the bucket dumping the words that spell out the name of the company,then below in bold letters you could list the services that the company offers like they were in a pile shape mounded up.

5. Junior M

No I was talking about what we do, an excavating service isnt a service that alot of people need, and most of the time the ad's are kinda boring..

6. Bleed Green

so something more specialized i guess i don't understand exactly what you are asking for

7. Junior M

I just need to know what catches your eye on another excavating companies ad, I just want to catch people's attention so they will read it and remember us, it doesnt matter what business it just has to be a local business, and I chose our's..

8. Bleed Green

i think some kind of picture or graphic would be eye catching and if you can shape it around the kind of business you are advertising for I think that would make a good memorable ad. That is where I was getting at with my idea earlier about the excavator dumping the company name (like on the top of the pile) and the services in like a mound off to the side of the machine like the spoil pile. Sorry if im not helping lol

9. Bleed Green

just try to make it interesting so people have to look at it once or twice to get the jist of it...make them think about it.......the different one is the one they will remember

10. Junior M

Thats what I am trying to do! I want to know what is eye catching on your ad, or on another excavating companies ad that makes you remember them..