what chainsaw???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Florida Gardener, Jun 7, 2009.

1. i need advice here. i need a chainsaw that wont see tons of abuse. I need one to trim palms only for my customers. i dont plan on doing heavy duty tree work at least for right now. i already have a redmax pole saw attachment but i need a chainsaw for trimming palm boots and such.....

2. SfTD_service_CENTER

SfTD_service_CENTER LawnSite Senior Member

dolmar ps5100 is a small saw but it cuts great i think you can pick one up at ammicks super store. solo and makita are the same as that saw or make saws same as that i mean. 50cc high perofrmance saw is a good size with a 20" or 18" bar. husky 346xp is a 50cc good saw 357xp is a bit bigger but is also a great saw. a stihl ms260 pro is also good 50cc they will all be arround 500-600 so be ready for that but they are very fast saws and make your day much easier than a non comercial saw. a 359 husky is a heavier non comercial saw for 550 it will do the same as those saws but it isnt as fast and it is heavier

3. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl MS 170 works nicely...

4. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl 210 will fit your needs. Very durable. Will last a long, long time.

5. thanks for the replies so far....i have to say that i am a redmax guy and own all redmax handhelds, blower etc. but i do see virtually everyone using stihl chainsaws....

6. DaddyRabbit

DaddyRabbit LawnSite Senior Member

In all honesty a Stihl MS180 will cut what you described like a light saber. If you wanted to up the dosage a bit get a Husky 346XP. I have them both and neither have cons, only pro's.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. how much did that 180 run you if you dont mind me asking????

8. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

stihl ms192 light as a feather. good for in the tree work and wont break the bank.

if you wan to go budget then you can always go with the echo.. cs330...

I'm a big fan of top handle saws for tree work... while in the tree or in a bucket.

10. DaddyRabbit

DaddyRabbit LawnSite Senior Member

I believe I paid $190 OTD.