What chemicals to use for liquid fertilization?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by djschofield22, Aug 9, 2013.

1. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

Interesting! Slow release changes things somewhat.

You have bigger balls than me spraying that in July temps!

2. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Yep. I definitely was nervous. Actually did it on 3 little league fields. New sign up and they were on my butt to get them clean and green! I actually did the fert with a 3/4 rate of eliminate as a blanket spray I kept checking on it thinking I was going to have issues but did not. That was 4 weeks ago. I did another app yesterday and weeds were 80% gone. Grass was a nice green.

Don't think I would be so brave with urea tho!!!

3. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

What type of slow release was it?

4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I take it they have adequate irrigation and the temps were not excessive during this period???
    I've seen so much failure and ruined turf lately that it is good to know it could be done, when necessary...

Those weeds should've been done in June along with the fertilizer, by their previous groundskeeper,, but fortunately you knew the logical course of action... congratulations... :)

5. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

SCRN

I dont control the irrigation but the soil had good moisture at the time.....but I sprayed in that 100+ degree stretch we had in July. And I di the app right smack in the middle of the day...

6. LawnsharkMB

LawnsharkMB LawnSite Senior Member

I can't get the pics to attach for some reason but basically I just took the two brackets off that drop down and mounted a peice of angle line straight across. The three tips were mounted to the angle line with u bolts. The tips are about 18" high and 19.5" apart. Teejet 8004 tips.

You might want to look at moving the boom valve to somewhere convenient. I moved mine to right beside the pto button on my mower. You can get 1/2" hose at auto zone and 1/2" hose connects at a hardware store.

7. LawnsharkMB

I just spray herbicides out of mine right now. I have a 35 gallon nurse tank so I can go almost an acre without going back to the house and filling up.

I'm gonna do a liquid fert program on my own lawn next year and see how it does for my self.

We do not spoon feed the greens. 1-1.5lbN/K at that rate but it is always watered in immediately. Greens are tif dwarf Bermuda.

8. LawnsharkMB

I was wrong. I just looked at the records we do spoon feed them every 10 days.

9. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks. I was going to saw WOW, Bermuda greens must be stout! Seems ideal at that volume.

10. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

I know CRN stands for "Controlled Release Nitrogen". What does the "S" stand for?