What Color Should I Paint My Trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Kickin Your Grass, Feb 20, 2007.

?

What color should my trailer be painted?

Poll closed Feb 27, 2007.
  1. Green

21 vote(s)
    67.7%
  2. Yellow

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  1. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I need some advise on what color to paint my trailer. I'm wanting green with yellow pin stripes but I was told I should paint it yellow. Here is a picture of the lettering on my truck so you can see my business colors.

[​IMG]

Here is a picture of my trailer now.

[​IMG]

Let me know what you think.

2. teamoneoutdoors

teamoneoutdoors LawnSite Member

Your equipment looks great!

If you really want to change the color, sell it and order one the color you want. I have done a great deal of painting in the past and in order to change the red to yellow or green you will have to do a great deal of sanding to assure adheasion of the paint. Time=money.

In addition you will need to buy a quality paint, all my other business uses is Dupont, and then you will have to have a paint booth or a good calm warm day.

Good Luck.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

With a white truck? Your trailer should be white. A white trailer is not all that common, but is always extremely clean and professional looking.

4. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

IMO green or black. White will get dirty QUCK especially with the equiptment going on and off.

Cheers
    Jeff

5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Ummm...I didnt vote because there is not a "neither" category. In my opinion, trailers should either match the truck, or be black. I think a green or yellow trailer would look, just, bad. That, or leave it how it is.

6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I I had to choose between yellow or green, I would go with green. But, if my choice would be black, just because trailers get scratched easy and just about any black spray paint in a can will touch it up nicely.

7. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

id leave it alone, i think it looks fine

8. polska

polska LawnSite Senior Member

i would leave it alone

9. leaflandscape

leaflandscape LawnSite Member

White shows rust really well, I'd recommend black, or possibly green, but maybe get a professional powder coat. They'll sandblast it and everything.

10. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Why waste your time. Leave it alone. If you paint it, any scratch in the paint will bring it down to the red again. Just buy some red rustolium and spot spray it if you have rust spots.