what color sohuld my trailer be?...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GreenClips, Mar 11, 2007.

1. GreenClips

GreenClips LawnSite Member

hey i was just wanted to get some of your opinions on this i just got an enclosed trailer and its red. i was to paint it i can get it painted for real cheap just the price of the paint I'm not talking about my logo and stuff on it I'm mean the just the base coat.... our truck it a tannish brown and i didn't know if i should paint it that color or what?...i was told that would look very professional but i just wanted your opinion on this thanks....i was also thinking about white because i want to paint some grass at the bottom like a trim if you know what i mean our name is Green Clips so i kind of wanted the letters in green!....

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Well, to go back with white over red I think would be kinda difficult I would think. The brown color might work I guess. I think I would almost leave it like it is though.

Is the trailer brand new? How is the paint that is on it now?

3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I once painted my open trailer a john deere green color. I really liked it. It certainly caught people's attention. But I re-painted it black now.

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

If it were me............I would go with white. Then no matter what color truck you get next time it will match. A brown trailer and a blue truck might not look good together and you would want to paint the trailer again, just my 2 cents worth

wayne

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

IMO, if ya spend the $$$ for an enclosed trailer you should get it the same color as whats hauling it, it just looks more professional. Ours just happens to be white (which our truck is) but its tough to keep it looking clean. We sometimes have to use pretty harsh chemicals and I'm thinking that might hurt the new paint.

6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I'd say white or black. The trailer matching the truck always looks good, especially with an enclosed, but if you end up buying a different truck down the road that's a different color, then you've gotta re-paint the trailer again...

7. SuperZZZ

SuperZZZ LawnSite Member

Use the brown lettering and logo watever you want on there.Use the same color of your truck but use the brown on the trailer.Would be cheaper and easier 2 do good luck.

8. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I think white is going to be your most popular color.
    When I was looking at purchasing our enclosed trailer I wanted a different color then what everyone else had. White trailers were everywhere and I wanted one that stood out more so I went for metalic green. In this picture it looks almost black but in the sunlight it's really a pretty color.

WL-trailer.jpg

9. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Here's another one.

WL-trailer2.jpg

10. Rizzo

Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Go with white so it stays cooler in the sun and then use lettering or striping in green and the color of your truck to tie it in. I had the lettering and graphics done on white aluminum signs so I could just rivet them onto the trailer and if I sell or trade it the signs come off to go on my new trailer and just leave a few small holes to fill. Also, the lettering on the signs looks smoother if you have external screws on the sides of the trailer.

DSC03082.jpg

DSC03080.jpg