What Color to Paint Truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BrandonH, Jan 11, 2004.

1. BrandonH

BrandonH LawnSite Member

I'm going at it full-time this year and am planning on having my truck painted. It's a '96 chevy 1500 single cab that is currently maroon. I am going to get a logo designed as well so I would like to have something that will stand out when I have the truck lettered. I was thinking along the lines of some sort of bright green. There is a LCO about 40 miles from me that has all there vehicles painted green and they really stand out. I like the clean look of white with the lettering, but I feel like it may be better to have somehting that really catches the eye. I'm looking for any suggestions on what color you think would look best. Thanks in advance for any help.

-Brandon

2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

A red truck with white lettering is a good look.

3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

All of our vehicles are white and the trailers either black or green. Graphics show better on white. White trucks do not show dirt as bad. And it is more professional looking IMO.

4. BrandonH

BrandonH LawnSite Member

My trailers are black so just about any color would go with it I guess. I do like the clean look of white, but I just think something brighter would catch people's attention.

-Brandon

5. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Are you looking for an approval on Yellow? I think its very effective but don't have the nads to paint my trucks yellow

6. BrandonH

BrandonH LawnSite Member

Yellow would definitely catch someone's attention. I'm really not sure what to do...I like the look of white w/black lettering, but I also want to stand out.

-Brandon

7. Always Green

Always Green LawnSite Member

alot of guys around here run white trucks, and they all blend in together, mine are all black with a oval logo
    logo has white background and green lettering, the logo practilly jumps off the truck at you

8. turfmower

turfmower LawnSite Member

My Trucks are Green
    [​IMG]

9. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Well, if you are going to paint it, make it yellow or white. White will make the graphics look good and yellow won't make them look bad. Yellow will stand out more than any other color will and it will probably be the best attention getter you could have.

10. badranman

badranman LawnSite Member

I would personally not paint it the color of my competition. You want your OWN look, not the same as someone else. Promote your business, not theirs!:nono: