1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What Color to Paint Truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BrandonH, Jan 11, 2004.

1. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

White is the best when comes to lettering.
    I just recently had two of my trucks painted white. Now they all are white and have lettering on the side.

One thing you may want to look at when getting your truck lettered. The tail gate is a good place to advertise your business....

There was a guy I saw in a turf mag that had all his trucks painted PINK.

He said that they really stood out and people recognized the trucks when they saw them.
  2. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

There is a LCO in my area and his trucks are yellow. There is a roofer in the area and their trucks are PINK!!! Talk about standing out in a crowd. In my case, my trucks and trailers are green. I think one of the best ways to stick out besides your vehicle color is to keep them as clean as possible and presentable. Even older trucks can be kept nice. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
  3. Scott Wachtel

Scott Wachtel LawnSite Member

In my area everybody and their brother has red trucks.Thats basicly how you know they're landscapers.There is one company that runs all dark-blue but for the most part everybody's red. If you want to have a nice clean look that graphics will still look good on try gray.
  4. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I prefer white because it does'nt show dirt as easily and if you purchase used trucks, it matches up with any interior. I know that sounds anal, but I like things to match up.

BTW Turfmower, that is a great looking GMC.
  5. Lawn Services Plus

Lawn Services Plus LawnSite Member

im thinking of 2 tone of white and green-bought a truck this way
    and decided to paint my others to match/
  6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I like white or green.
  7. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

i like white myself but,
    tan would be a good choice also
  8. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine is black with green lettering on a white background. (the Type is set on white that exactly matches the shape of the white background. Kind of a shadow effect, but no offset) I like it. Looks good and black trucks are easy to find in the future.
  9. BrandonH

BrandonH LawnSite Member

Well I finally got my truck painted and the logo and lettering put on today. Here are some pics.

truck #1.jpg
  10. BrandonH

BrandonH LawnSite Member

Another one:

truck #2.jpg