1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What color tractor

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by excel25, Feb 26, 2004.

1. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure which tractor to buy, Blue,Orange or Green want around 30 HP with a loader?

2. protouchlawn

protouchlawn LawnSite Member

Dennis,
    Look at the John Deere 790. I have a 770 4wd w/loader and it is a super little tractor.JD Credit had some really good financing on them a month or two ago,but it might end on Feb. 29th so checkw/ your dealer asap. I hope this helps you a little bit.

Scooter

3. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

Shouldnt the question be "Not sure which kinda of tractor to buy?" I mean who cares about color?, I want a tractor that's gonna perform. Tractors aint cheap so forget color and go for quality

4. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

The red ones are good, too.
    Crawdad

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i saw a baby blue one the other day!! it made me wonder if they got it @ toy-r-us

6. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

JD 4310.............

7. longslawn

longslawn LawnSite Member

JD4210 Excellent tractor

8. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't see many JD around here, seems like kubota is the most common, they all seem close on price . Just want one that will hold up and not nickel and dime me.

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

jd green 4500 nothing runs like a deere

10. Turftiger1979

Turftiger1979 LawnSite Member

As far as I know New Holland/Ford Compacts have the tightest turning radius, you might consider that aspect considering some conditions landscapers have to work in.