What Commercial Mowers do you guys like/use?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TGK, Nov 14, 2006.

1. TGK

TGK LawnSite Member

Thats the question folks! I would like to know what you guys like and/or are using. Pros and Cons, weather or not you would buy another 1? I Would appreciate it!

Thanks

Chris

2. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

I will always buy Snapper Pro

3. Grass Kickin

Grass Kickin LawnSite Member

Absolutely Hustler. I wouldn't use anything else now. I would buy another as well.

4. tims lawncare

tims lawncare LawnSite Member
    from flrida

I have put 500 tough hours on my Kubota zg-20 and it has never let me down. In the $6000-6500 range i believe it is the best ztr around. Here is what you get compared to the other mowers in its class. 1. Shaft driven transmission and shaft drive to the mower deck. There are no belts to drive the hydro pumps and the shaft from the engine powers the gear box on the mower deck, Only one belt which drives the blades and no tension adjustments. Less belts less matinence and no belt slip. 2. Hydro wet multi disc brakes. 3. Foot operated hydro deck level adjustment. Just push the pedal with your foot and turn the dial to the height you desire. 4. Built in jack to raise the front of mower off the ground. Changing the blades is very easy. Plus you can jack up the mower anywhere you are at. All in all this mower is a work horse and Kubotas customer service is second to none. There are many good mowers out there but there is only one Kubota.

5. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

question to grass kickin, how do you have your mower setup? mulching,discharging or bagging also which one do you have. How dose the mower hander tall grass in FL Bahia directly.
    The reason I ask is my dealer just started caring them and I'm considering them one for overgrowth and large property's that I have, Thanks Gil

Sorry not to hijack, but to answer you question I personally like Exmark for maintaining property. I use the new Lazer Z HP with the Triton deck and the updated pills so I now have 18,500 bts and yes with the update I whould buy another.

You must know you are asking a personal OPINION question that bares TONS of different experiences and opinions, I think you should be looking at quality of machine,cut,build,price dealer support! all important things to consider when buying a mower.
    look at,Exmark,Hustler,Scag,Grasshopper,lesco,dixie chopper,toro,john deer,
    jm2c

hope this helps
    Gil

6. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Dixie Chopper riders and HUstler Walkbehinds

7. fyshstykr

fyshstykr LawnSite Member
    from zone 99

Gravely has been good to me so far, and Toro pro-line.

8. jcltyson

jcltyson LawnSite Member

Whatever you choose....make certain the dealer will work with you in times of need..(and no matter which you choose there will be desparate times if you are in the business)....

9. bhforty3

bhforty3 LawnSite Member

John deere mowers all the way !! Git R Done

10. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

The list
    Toro All diesel
    • 60" Z Master
    • 62" 223
    • 72" 325
    • 16ft 580D

Deere
    2210 diesel tractor 62" deck and a 60" snow blower.
    Pull behind accessories
    • Vac cart
    • Spreader
    • Aerator
    • 150 Gal spray tank
    300gal Spray rig (forgot the model numbers)

And one New Holland 865