1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What company are you most disapointed with?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gunner27, Mar 8, 2005.

1. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

There have been many threads on here concerning changes in ownership, epa emmisions and so on. What company has let you down and why?
  2. Tom-N-Texas

Tom-N-Texas LawnSite Senior Member

er....I'm somewhat disappointed in Toro. Their new 4-stroke 21" mowers are so heavy that they quickly wear out the back wheels.....which of course is not covered under warranty. Last year I spent 50 bucks a shot at least 8 times in 3 months on 2 mowers. I have a long list of complaints about Toro though. Don't get me started! They won't be getting any more of my money.

Also...here's a runner up. It's that "GROUNDSKEEPER" computer program for lawn service companies that's advertised on this site. Looks neat.....was wanting to buy it....BUT $379?????? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? What a joke. What are they thinking?
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Echo...by a mile
  4. thill

thill LawnSite Member

This is from another Tom in Texas

I too have less than fond thoughts about Toro. We have a three year old Z44 and are amazed at the number of things that are falling or have fallen apart.

We have a SCAG Tiger Cub 48 and a SCAG Turf Tiger 61 both the same age as the Toro. They seem bullet proof when compared to the "Zoro".

As for GroundsKeeper Pro - we have used it for scheduling and invoicing for three years and were very impressed from start to finish. It is very flexible and has done virtually anything we wanted. We certianly got more than we paid for.

Our data base has gotten rather large (over 1200 client sites) and we are looking at more a integrated software.

5. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Well i gotta go with shindaiwa. I am very happy with the T-27 and the T-230 that i have had. Well the T-230 finally took a crap and i would like to replace it with something bigger. I have not heard good things about there new equipment. I wanted to buy a new T-270.........can't find one. pisses me off! Oh yeah, and the price of the new exmark equipment? WTF!
  6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Agreed with Rodfather on Echo........Won't buy their stuff..............

But right now it is Stihl.
    It's time for them to get real with a backpack blower and build something worthwhile.

We are all Stihl at this point, but if they don't damn soon
    come up with a REAL backpack it may be off to the competitors.................
  7. rodfather

I bought Echo trimmers, hedge clippers, and backpack blowers for years...now they simply do not cold start. Period
  8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

We had too much trouble just keeping them running.
    I'm convinced their quality has suffered since the Home despot move...............
  9. apluslawn

apluslawn LawnSite Member

Im probably most dissappointed with echo after dumping so much money in repairs and secondly a little dissappointed in great dane but mostly in echo
  10. rodfather

Hell Dave...it got to the point it took longer to get them started than what we needed them for on each job???