what company is better

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fejical, Jun 28, 2001.

1. fejical

fejical Guest

i'm new to this site and need some help with picking out a mid-size
    walkbehind and don't know which brands are knowN to last and for
    there quality. i have a toro exmark bobcat john deere and arien dealers around. anything helps. I don't need anything fancy i just need something that will last and go faster then my old mower. Thanks for your time

2. ScottH

ScottH LawnSite Member

if you're looking @ hydro units, do yourself a favor and at least check out the Excel Hustler unit. very nice controls and very well built. check out their website to find closest dealer @ www.excelhustler.com
  3. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Oh no, not this question again. Hey, Jeff, be ready to read.:p
  4. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

without good dealer support ,the name does not mean anything
    no matter who makes it
  5. toddco

toddco LawnSite Member
    from Seattle

Without a good product, dealer support ain't enough. You can't polish a turd.

Sorry, couldn't resist. (grin)
  6. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco has good selection 48 & 52 belt and hydro :angel:
  7. fejical

fejical Guest

thanks guys for the help. out of those names who's equipment will pay off and be worth it. anything will help. any machines you've fallen in love with? any loyal brands? thanks again

8. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

Never fall in love with something that can't love you back.

If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't return, hunt it down and destroy it.
  9. PrimeGreen Lawn

PrimeGreen Lawn LawnSite Member

Well, Jeff. Its like a Ford vs. Chevy battle when it comes to brand names. Everybody will say their brand is better thant he other. You just have to try them out and see what YOU like. We can only offer suggestions based on our personal experiences. With me, I've had Great Dane, Skag, Lesco,and Exmark. Although all these are excellent mowers, I have to lean toward the Exmark badges. I also love my Lesco 52' w/b hydro. I had the Email me, and I'll let you know what my experiences have been with all these machines. Good luck with you decision.

10. hobbes

hobbes Banned

Excellent qoute, but make sure you give it enough time to come back before the hunt & destroy thing.
    From what I've read here you can't go wrong with any of the top brands. One advantage for Exmark, their after purchase service is incredible. I can e-mail them with any question & get a response the next day (thanks Lenny). Sent an e-mail to Toro on a new purchase about 2 months ago, still waiting for a reply.