1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What Company Makes the Best Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Supper Grassy, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

My Question to you all is what copany makes the best mower

I am looking to see what company makes the best ZRT, Walk Behind, and Stander

Is there any companys that stand out in the customer service Department?
  2. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

toro ztr very tough. toro t bar with the metro deck walk behind. Write stander.
    Most comfortable ztr ferris by far....
  3. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on your situation. Service is usually dictated by the local dealer! as far as who is the best you are going to get a lot of opinions I personally deal with one guy who takes care of me. I have tried out most of the brands on the market but dealer support is probably the most important thing there is!
  4. Supper Grassy

I understand that dealer support Dictates but in genral who makes the best mower
  5. ke5hbd

ke5hbd LawnSite Member

In my area due to service which was already stated I would say Grasshopper and Dixon.

Both dealers have been in business for many years with excellent service and parts availability
  6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Best service here is John Deere. Lots of service centers (several per county!). Locally, we have also great service for Exmark & Toro -- not sure about the rest? Personally, I use a John Deere 727-A 54", but other manufacturers are probably comparable. Exmark, Skag, Ferris, Grasshopper (nice cut), Skag, etc, etc. A local cemetary (22 acres) swears by those big yellow mowers (forgot the name), but they trade them in every two years for new ones. They key is to stay away from certain brands that aren't built to last. They are the ones that sell cheap (designed for homeowners). I saved nearly $2000 buying mine on ebay. That's my two cents worth -- hope this gives you ideas to look into.
  7. Supper Grassy

Good points
    What brands do you consider to make "Cheap" models?
  8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Your question should be"what mower works best on the turf your cutting":)
  9. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Everyone know the answer to this one

Craftsman does ;-)..
  10. Supper Grassy

Your going to get ambushed with comments about that