what computer program?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by vaacutabove, Mar 16, 2012.

1. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

It is march early in the season and im overwhelmed already with jobs todo done and need to bill. I have one employee and think i need another. But i have been using exel and a self made word invoice. But its not going to work this year. Any opinions?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Medlin Accounts Receivable. It's cheap, it's customizable, will work with plain paper or standard forms, you can email invoices and statements, it's menu driven so it's easy to learn and not complicated like quicken. If you need support it's just a phone call away. http://www.medlin.com/

3. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

Never even heard of it but ill look into it. Anyone else
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Finestlandscape

Finestlandscape LawnSite Member

i use quick books

5. agent walker

agent walker LawnSite Senior Member

quickbooks 2011

6. Finestlandscape

Yes works awsome Estimates invoices
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. agent walker

agent walker LawnSite Senior Member

and profit and loss. see what your making the most money on, or losing it.

8. Finestlandscape

Yea great program i also have a bookkeeper who does all my billing well worth the money frees up alot Time fpr me to do other things
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. WheatBookkeeping

WheatBookkeeping LawnSite Member

If you are planning to expand to two employees, use QuckBooks. It will save you a great deal of time. It will also save you hassles with your employees if there are misunderstandings about their paychecks.

If you use a bookkeeper, they'll appreciate the record organization that QuickBooks forces you into. I have a couple of clients that got it together with their QuickBooks. I don't charge then anything. I just look over what they have done (usually takes about 10 minutes), make a backup and send them on their way.

You don't need to stress over your books.

10. CircleC

CircleC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW

Do you use Quickbooks for everything, payroll, invoicing, estimates, and scheduling. I'm in the same boat as the op...growing and excel/word docs just are not cutting it anymore. Need to free up time and makw things easier...
    Posted via Mobile Device