what computer program?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by vaacutabove, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Finestlandscape

Finestlandscape LawnSite Member

Yes i use it for everything
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

Bought the pro quick books last night ended up ringing up 98as bucks was marked 179 so ill take it. How do i tell how much i make say spraying vs mowing i have only startex putting in contacts looks good so far.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. CircleC

CircleC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW

I did see that if u go to intuit web site, they sell a monthly fee package. What's the diffrence in that vs. Buying from a store. I'm looking for something that can help me manage payroll, p/l, and billing.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

im using quickbooks online and Jobber. Jobber is just plain simple and it will automatically input information into quick books. If you don't have payroll quick books online is $15 a month and jobber is $30 a month. Jobber is working pretty nice and does all of my scheduling for me. Then while I am in the field I can access my jobber schedual from my phone. I actually have full access to jobber from my phone if I need to do something. You can even send invoices or quote to the customer while you talk to them at their property. At the end of the day its only a 2 clicks to make a invoice from the job. Then quickbooks online also has a mobile function.

5. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member

Jobber is AWESOME! I love it!

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Quickbooks is a must if you do payroll and need good accounting. Job scheduling is not there at all.

Will look at jobber cause i need scheduling.

7. JCLawn and more

from MI

I would say the way you go from contact, to job, to schedualing, to invoice is the strongest part of jobber. Then support is super quick and most likly get the president if you have a question. Then you can really customize the contact info a lot which is nice. I have not figured out everything it can do yet and they trying to make it a program made for us which is a plus. So it will only get better.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

Does the jobber also keep track of customers vendors etc ? I am in the same boat trying to buy something soon before it gets out of hand like last year with paper work

what a nigh mare that was !

9. JCLawn and more

from MI

Need to tell me what you want to do a little more.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. islandwide

islandwide LawnSite Member

I'm currently using QB 2012 Premier w/web-access and w/mobile access and off-site backup for $39/mo. I also use Act! and a program to keep Act! and QB synced. All-in-all, it works OK. The most lacking part is scheduling and crew management.

While looking for a new solution I focused on web-based apps that had a strong mobile interface. That lead me to lawncal.com and Serviceautopilot.com. I'm leaning towards Service Autopilot even though it is really expensive (like $100/mo). Very robust, though.